SL-P-Pwr-PckUp Power pickup set for PIKO metal wheels on LGB Long Car 2 axle truck
Power your train lighting with the Shourt Line ultra low friction power pickup kit.
LGB 30/80/19 passenger car truck shown with Shourt LIne power pickup kit installed using PIKO 36164 Plated Metal Wheels
A perfect G scale addition to your LGB passenger cars - different kits available for all other LGB and PIKO passenger cars.
Shourt Line Direct Discount Price: $15.95
- pre-assembled set of power pickups -ready to connect to lighting system of your choice (see recomendations below)
- 2 (two) screws for optional screw mounting (not required)
- Instructions - on-line for assembly (shown below) for use with the PIKO metal wheel sets Not included but availabe at our store
This power pickup set is designed specifically for LGB 2080 trucks found on LGB long (8 wheel) passenger cars.
For analog, DCC or AC track power
Rated: 2 Amps, 30 volts, 200 LED maximum (can power up to 200 LEDs with one power pickup set when used with the Shourt Line LED controller)
- Low friction power pickup
- 1/4 the friction of LGB carbon brushes
- Easy Install
- Easy to mount in minutes
- Only a screw driver required
- Use contact cement adhesive (E6000 recomended) or use supplied screws for mounting (requires drilling)
- Requires PIKO metal wheels
- Use PIKO 36164 Metal Wheelset, 30mm, Plated wheels for ultra low rolling friction
- Can be use with PIKO P 36161 Metal Wheelset when contact area is sanded to expose metal (This product discontinued by PIKO but still in stock and ready to ship. Use the PIKO P 36161 for car wheels that are not used for track power pickup.
- Optional Shourt Line LED drop ceiling (recommended)
- Use either the optional the SL 9108230 Kit 8 LED drop ceiling lighting for LGB 4 axle cars DC&DCC SL requires SL 8453003 LED controller $19.95 (For LGB Long Passenger or Passenger/Baggage Cars)
- Or use the optional SL 9108250 10 LED 2 drop ceiling lighting kit to provide warm white recessed lighting over each of the 8 seating areas and at each end of the car. $22.95 (For LGB Long Passenger or Passenger/Baggage Cars)
- Optional Shourt Line LED Controller
- SL 8453003 Precision Train Throttle & LED controller AC,DC or DCC with solder connections $8.49 - up to 92% efficient and able to power up to 200 LEDs directly from the controller by wiring LEDs in parallel.
- Optional Shourt Line anti-flicker buffer (recommended)
- Use SL 6111100 10,000uF Anti-flicker Buffer 2 wire to prevent flicker when bad sections of track cause power loss and to power additional cars without flicker $6.95
- Optional Shourt Line
How to install:
Step 1 Place power cable through the hole in the bottom of the disassembled LGB 2080 truck
Step 2 Place power cable through the hole in the bottom of the car
Mount the optional SL 8453003 Precision Train Throttle & LED controller on back wall next to stove or in the enclosed toilet area.
Mount the optional SL 6111100 10,000uF Anti-flicker Buffer on top of the toilet and use for this car or the whole train to eliminate flicker due to dirty track sections .
Use the Optional SL 9108250 10 LED 2 drop ceiling lighting kit to provide warm white recessed lighting over each of the 8 seating areas and at each end of the car. $22.95.
Step 3 Place power pickup blocks in holes on bottom of truck to ensure they fit and mount truck to bottom of car
- Optionally mount blocks using screws provided by:
- Drill a hole (0.07" - # 50 bit) into the top of each block and through the truck (a hole is already provide in each block but power strip blocks the passage of a drill bit and should be remove away from the hole prior to drilling)
- Enlarge the hole (0.096" - #41 bit) in the truck for the screw - do not enlarge hole in block
- Mount the block from the top of the truck using the screws provided
- Skip adhesive steps below
Step 4 Place about 1/3 drop of adhesive where indicated below (E6000 recommended or other quick drying adhesive glue)
Step 5 Firmly seat power blocks into recess where adhesive was placed and apply pressure until adhesive sets
Step 6 Place wheels onto power pickup strips and secure in place with truck side walls and screw in place
Step 7 Inspect power pickup strips to ensure they ride on the plated part of each wheel and adjust if required and place 1/3 drop of Shourt Line Diamond Nano Oil or light machine oil where the power pick-up strip makes contact.
Step 8 Connect the power cable to the AC input of a Shourt Line SL-8453003 LED controller or Shourt Line LED lighting board.
Step 9 Connect to Shourt Line LED drop ceiling fixtures using schematic below and instructions that came with the fixtures
Note that the SL 8453003 come with a 2 amp Bridge Rectifier for connecting directly to track power, DC, DCC, AC or a Battery (4 - 30 volts) A 9 volt battery will light the 8 LED board for over 12 hours depending on the dimming level you choose.
Other models available for LGB and PIKO cars - contract the Shourt Line for details
Questions? Call 310-622-4431 on this or any of the over 6000 G Scale Items stocked at the Shourt LIne
Thanks for looking - Shourt Line by Soft Works Ltd.
copyright 2014 Shourt Line - Soft Works Ltd. all rights reserved