SL-TC-17100-nt-xx Track Contact xx = length of wire in feet, comes with two diodes, and stripped wire end (nt= no terminal block is included)
Functionally identical to LGB 1700 and LGB 17100. Specify length when ordering in feet. Use with LGB and Massoth Feedback modules, EPL motors or Shourt Line SL-24V-2SW-Ctrl Dual Latching Relay Controllers. Automate your railroad with these track contacts that activate by loco magnets and control your switches and signals.
Replacement for and functionally identical to LGB 1700 & LGB 17100 Track Contacts (no longer available)
This version of the track contact comes with two diodes for EPL and logic hook-ups. The length is specified in feet (2 feet shown above) and does not have a terminal block (available as a separate item) - nickel shown for size not included with item.
Price: $10,60 + $.25 per foot of cable New
- Input voltage 12 to 18 Volts AC, 24 Volts DCC or MTS
- 1.5 amp output for controlling LGB switch or signals motors EPL or old 3 terminal style motors
- Waterproof sensor - Triple sealed glass, 600 deg. high temp Silicone and Brass
- Indoor or Outdoor use
- PVC covered 22AWG wire pair covered with PVC jacket for indoor or outdoor use (can be buried)
- User specified cable length up to 99 feet
- No terminal block for direct connection to EPL switch motors, feedback and switch decoder modules
- Stress relieved cable between the sensor and cable - allows out of sight installation
- High sensitivity - operates up to 1 inch from loco magnets - place inside your railroad tie
- 400 volt components for long life
- 600 degree high temperature silicon used for safe high temperature outdoor installations
- Invisible sensor - fits under your railroad tie or on the side of a tie
- Easy install - no soldering required (use of diodes may require optional terminal block or soldering)
- Includes two diodes for EPL polarity when AC power is used
- Safe for continuous use (loco parked over track contact switch)
Mfg: Made in the USA by the Shourt Line - Soft Works Ltd.
Input Voltage: 24V Max AC, DC, DCC or MTS (Shourt Line SL-PS-16AC40
16 VAC 40 Watt Transformer recommended)
Output Current: 1.5 amps maximum
Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature: 200 degrees Fahrenheit ( 93 Celsius)
Weight: depends on cable length
Dimensions: 1.2" X 3/16" max. diameter sensor connected to user specified cable length
How to use:
SL-TC-17100 Track Contact is easy to use.
- Place sensor inside or on the side of a track tie on a straight or curved section of track using the supplied double stick outdoor adhesive and/or silicon in place. (This version does not come with a terminal strip which is optional).
- Turn the track over and connect to your layout.
To operate EPL switch and signal motors directly from the SL-TC-17100 Track Contact Follow these directions
- Each track contact comes with two diodes for use with AC power to drive EPL motors in either direction. Diodes not required for DC operation but can be used to suppress back emf when relays are powered directly.
- Connect two track contacts to open and close a switch motor as the train passes each contact. Power is provides by a Shourt Line SL-PS-16AC40 16 VAC 40 Watt Transformer and connected to one pole of the motor (white wire below) and each wire of the track contact (black wires below) via a the optional terminal strip to the orange wire running to the other output of the transformer.
- This close up view shows how easy it is to hook-up the track contacts to an EPL switch motor using the diodes two diodes provided with teach track contact. The optional terminal strip can be used or the contact wires can be soldered directly to the diodes and covered with heat shrink tubing.
- As a loco magnet passes each contact, the switch motor opens and closes to provide automation for your layout.
As a loco magnet passes each contact, the switch motor opens and closes to provide automation
For Operation via a Feedback Module from a Central Station in manual or automated control hook-up the track contacts as shown in these directions.
- The Massoth ME_8170001 Feedback Module can be used to connect 8 track contacts. Connect the track contacts directly to any of the unused input terminals of the feedback module -two track contacts are shown below.
- Mount the track contacts under the center of your track at the desired trigger locations
- Connect the Massoth ME_8170001 Feedback Module to your central station using the cable supplied with the feedback module or use the optional radio link for wireless connection to your central station.
When a train passes the contacts above the Massoth feedback Module send a signal to your central station and you can use this to stop or start a train at a station, trigger a sound or lighting effect, change a signal or switch track or initiate a complex series of operations.
- The Massoth 8170001 Feedback Module is connected to two track contacts just before an EPL switch track so a loco approaching the switch will send a sin gal to the central station which can operate the switch track via an automated program or a PC control program. The switch can also be operated directly via the Massoth Switch Decoder.
- Or the Massoth Switch Decoder can also be operated directly from the track contacts by connecting each track contact to the switch input terminals using only a screw diver. The switch can also be operated remotely from the central station via a hand held throttle but automated or PC is not possible as there is no feedback to the central station as a train approaches in this configuration.
Run your trains!
Track, transformer and train not included WITH THIS ITEM.
Use a 16 Volt AC power source when powering your track and signal motors directly from the track contacts. Use the included diodes to wire as to power and loads as shown below and in the pictures above.
For indoor or outdoor use. (See our product page for the optional terminal block).
Questions? Email info@ShourtLine.com by clicking here
Thanks for looking - Shourt Line by Soft Works Ltd.
copyright 2008 Shourt Line - Soft Works Ltd. all rights reserved